Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nauvoo Field Trip Reflection

         My favorite part of the trip was when we all went and learned about how they made the wagons and the all the things for the wagons (like the wheels, hulls, horseshoes, and oxen shoes) so then they could move westwards to the Rocky Mountains.
         Something that I learned from the 1840's that I thought was interesting was all the huge range of various professions that they had for the city to be able to function well, I was especially fascinated about how many different things that they did/made at a Forge (the place where a blacksmith works).
         Something I learned about why the Mormons moved west was because a ton of violence was happening there and so they were forced out of Nauvoo and decided that they would be better off in the West near the Rocky Mountains.
         If I had to choose one thing to learn more about in Nauvoo it would be what the Mormons' religion and how it is different than other religions so I could understand what it might have been like.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on how I would want to learn more about religion and what specific religious reasons they were persecuted. Do you know how many people worked at a forge? I like how you had specific details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be interesting to learn about! I think people are just nervous about things they don't understand, and that nervousness turns to fear, and that fear turns to violence. I think if we worked to understand each other better, maybe we could get along more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of my favorite parts too! I think that it was really smart of them to make all of the wagons the same so any of the replacement parts would work for any of them. What part of the Mormon's religion interests you the most?

    ReplyDelete